WHO WE ARE
The Widows' Might is a group of Christian ladies that have been left alone due to the death of their spouse. Through individual experiences in dealing with personal loss, each have found that God's grace and love are sufficient in all circumstances. Their mission is to reach out to all widows to share God's love and grace. Following Jesus' commandment for the disciples to love one another, their desire is to extend their hand in Christian love to bring comfort, support, spiritual guidance, and friendship to one another. What started out as a small group of ladies June 21, 2001, has grown into a mighty group of women used by God to bless others.
SPECIAL PROJECTS AND PROGRAMS
- Care Gifts to those who are homebound or residents of nursing homes
- School Snacks - provide snacks for teachers to distribute at local schools
- Distribution of Bibles to Shelby County Jail and to Donaldson Correctional Facility
- Foster Child - working through DHR, Widows' Might provides school clothing and Christmas gifts to a foster child each year.
- Military: Care boxes shipped to active duty military deployed outside the United States.
- Clothing Drive: Collect and ship clothing to missionaries to be distributed to children in Africa.
SUPPORT AND PRAYER MINISTRY
- Offer support to others through cards of encouragement and prayers.
If you would like to be a part of the Widows' Might Ministry, meetings are held every month on the 3rd Thursday at 9:30am. If you need additional information, please call the church office at 205-678-9928.